Friday, September 24, 2004

leave

I work 10 days in a row, then get 4 days off. 6 of the 10 days are spent being "on call" at night. This means that at any given moment of the night/early morning, I must get up out of bed, put on a tie, and go to gather a loved one from wherever they might pass on. Home, hospital, care facility, side-of-the-road, 2nd story-no elevator-three-hundred-pounds. any time, night or day, now questions asked. I am about a half an hour away from my highly coveted 4 days off and am looking extremely forward to it. It can be said, however, that I do not dread my "days on" though. I just need the 4 days to recharge the old batteries.

It was a good week.

No comments:

"ole' boy" wire, paper, glue,   spray paint  2022 king of the trash  he was created for halloween but i've realized this ...