Wednesday, October 20, 2004

just a post.

I sit here and forget what it was I was going to write. I have been going through some "training" lately that involved clergy leaders and hospice/social workers. The last two days have been sort of exausting and now I think I am finnally getting the sickness from my family unit that I thought that I had evaded.

Let's see, something poignant...something wise...hmmmm.....

Well, I am sitting here at work tonight tending to a Pentecostal Russian service. That is pretty interesting isn't it? The singing is beautiful. I can't understand Russian. They are pretty self-serve folks. I have tried to be very attentive to their needs in the past and it seems to be of little consequence. In the end, the service will start at some undisclosed time, a man will preach, they will sing, another man will preach, they will sing, another man will preach, they will sing, it will end. Oh, there doing the one thing again, the man will start preaching with a sort of pleading and get increasingly more intense as the congregation starts to mumble and pray behind him, he then kind of ramps down and they sing again. I think the service is almost over.... nope....more singing. God, the singing is haunting. It's beautiful though. Lamenting. Sorrowful.


No comments:

"ole' boy" wire, paper, glue,   spray paint  2022 king of the trash  he was created for halloween but i've realized this ...